Sunday, July 02, 2006

Summer Days



These are a couple of pictures of the first time we took Andrew swimming this summer. He walked around the pool for about 15 minutes before he finally decided he trusted his daddy enough to hold him in the pool. Once he was in, he LOVED it! Hopefully we'll get to go again soon. But it won't be this next week because Jay is off to camp, and I'm not brave enough to take him by myself. I don't have a picture of it, but tonight was our annual creek baptism at church and it's just what it sounds like. When we got to the creek Andrew headed straight for the water, which terrified me! What would I do if he wanted to get in that nasty water?! Well, I didn't have to worry about it. All he wanted to do was sit right at the edge and throw rocks in the water. I was very relieved, because the smell was not pleasant...Jay, however, did have to get in the unpleasant smelling water.

4 comments:

JEff said...

AAHHH! The Creek Baptism. What a special event. Definitely not the Jordan River, eh?

Anonymous said...

Glad he enjoyed swimming more this year than last year!

Anonymous said...

Both the girls hated the water one summer and then LOVED it the next. It's perfectly normal, although irritating for Mommy! Had a great time with you this weekend!!!

Daniel and Christy Davis said...

Where is that pool? It looks like fun - I need to take Hannah for a swim - but first she needs a suit!