Sunday, September 17, 2006

Cuddly Andrew


Some may wonder why I'm home at 9:30 on a Sunday morning. The answer is simple: my Andrew is sick. He's been snotty for about a week now and it turned into a cough Friday. Then yesterday he started running fever. No fever so far today, but his cough is awful! The one upside to him being sick is that he likes to cuddle when he's not feeling well. It's quite sad and sweet at the same time. I love holding him and I wish so bad that I could just take his pain away. I'm sure God must feel the same way about us. There are painful times we must go through, but I know that God loves to hold us in those times. And while I know it hurts Him to see us in pain, He doesn't take it away because He knows the strength and wisdom we'll gain by enduring it. His lap is always there for us to curl up on.
Having a child is giving me such wonderful insights into God's love for us. I will never know the fullness of it of course, but I have a new perspective on it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear Andrew is sick-hope he is better soon, but enjoy the cuddling while you can!Phyllis

Anonymous said...

Hope Andrew is feeling better soon so I can see him on Wednesday night - Lisa B

The Mr. & Mrs. said...

poor andrew! thanks for letting us come over for "game night" last night!

Anonymous said...

Poor Andrew and poor Mommy! It's hard to stay in with a sick one. Hope he's feeling better.

Kim M said...

He's cute even when he is sick. Hope he's feeling better now - and that nobody else in your household caught whatever he had.