Friday, September 08, 2006

Playtime with Andrew

Well, I believe I have officially become a "cool" mom. Tuesday Andrew was on our bed burying himself underneath the pillows so I thought, "I bet he would love a tent". So I made him one out of a bed sheet! So far I have not done well with the boy playing. I don't get dirty and my son LOVES the dirt and I'm not too good at wrestling or making car noises. So making a tent is pretty good for me. I know it's not great, but Andrew loved it.

He also loved this indoor playground we went to today. Several people have told me about this local church who had this amazing indoor playground and let me tell you, it was amazing. It's like five levels...the picture just doesn't do it justice. Andrew never climbs up into playground equipment like this, so I didn't think he would go up, but he surprised us. He went almost all the way up!

He got sleepy, so we only stayed for about an hour then headed home to eat lunch. Well, Jay and I ate lunch. Andrew fell asleep on the way home and didn't wake up when we took him out of the van, so we just laid him down. Yesterday was the first day of Mother's Day Out for the fall and he didn't eat lunch then either. He ate pretty well at dinner both last night and tonight so maybe we're onto something. Anyway, that was our week in a nutshell.

1 comment:

The Mr. & Mrs. said...

I am SO glad I finally have seen this playground! I will visit it before I die! You're a wonderful mom!