Monday, January 07, 2008

Andrew's Eating!!!!

Unfortunately it's not food he's eating. He's been having VERY fitfull sleep the last few days and Jay and I have been wondering what in the world is going on with him. Well, as Jay changed a poopy diaper last night, we found the answer. *WARNING The following may gross some of you out.* Jay called me into Andrew's room and said, "you have to look at his poop", so I looked and discovered an ear plug in his poop!!! There is no possible way this just fell in his diaper. No friends, he really put this in his mouth and then swallowed it. He still won't eat most real food, but apparently ear plugs are pretty tasty. (He also tried a leaf a couple of weeks ago, but spit it out...I guess they're not as good as ear plugs.) We are so thankful that ear plugs are mushy and it was able to pass through his little body. I'm still a little worried it might have done some damage, but I guess we would know if he was in pain. We are also thankful that we had a great night's sleep again last night. This let's me know that this was indeed the cause for his unrest. I think we're going to start laying real food miscellaneously around the house to see if it might try it.

3 comments:

Dee'Anna said...

At least it is not something very hard that could not pass. I can remember when I was little I decided to eat a nickle and it got stuck. I learn my lesson after that. Ha ha!!! Dee'Anna

Anonymous said...

That's how we got Angus to eat Apple Jacks and hot dogs. Every once in a while, we'd put a piece of hot dog out on a napkin somewhere in the house. We always picked it back up withing about an hour, but that's how we got him to eat it! This method only works when they're young, so I'd try the "miscellaneous food technique" while you can!

Anonymous said...

Yummy! Ear plugs! At least he's eating something!